Yes, it’s true, and I’m the search chair! If you’re a public historian with experience and training in museums, please apply for this position. If you know anyone whose training and experience is in museums, please share this job ad with them. Review of applications will begin on November 1, 2016.
From the long position description:
The Department of History at Colorado State University invites applications for the position of Assistant Professor of Public History, with a specialization in Museums. The research field is open. The department is especially interested in receiving applications from candidates who can teach broadly within Public History and whose research extends beyond the United States. This is an entry-level position beginning August 16, 2017. The successful candidate will be appointed untenured and at the rank of assistant professor.
- Teaching HIST 504: Historical Method: Museums. This graduate seminar provides training in the fields of interpretation, curation, and museum management.
- Teaching HIST 540: Material Culture. This graduate seminar provides theory and methods of material culture with an emphasis on research, writing, and interpretation.
- Teaching undergraduate courses and graduate courses in Public History and in the area(s) of the applicant’s research specialization.
- Teaching one of the department’s survey courses (western civilization, world, or U.S. history).
- Advising and mentoring graduate students in Public History, especially students in the Museums Concentration of the MA in Public History.
- Outreach to museum professionals.
- Maintaining an active practice in public history.
- Meeting scholarship and publication requirements for tenure and promotion.
Applications Must Include:
- Letter of interest
- Curriculum vitae
- Graduate transcripts
- Three letters of recommendation
- A writing sample (article or chapter length)
- Evidence of teaching effectiveness, such as sample syllabi and teaching evaluations if available
Semifinalist candidates, including letters of reference, will be made available for review by departmental faculty. Applications will be considered until the position is filled; however, for full consideration, applications must be complete by November 1, 2016.
You can see the position description at the application portal here. Please email me at Ann.Little@colostate.edu with any questions.
I’m eager to recruit and hire someone fantastic. Could it be you?