I hope you have a great holiday. I’m kind of burned out on cooking on Thanksgiving, so I’m outta here. We’re heading for the hills to some hot springs for the next few days. I don’t even really give a dadgummit if Thursday’s dinner is steam tray turkey and Stove Top stuffing–so long as I don’t have to cook it, it’s all good. That’s something I can be very thankful for. (H/t to Notorious Ph.D. for the awesome visual aid at left!!!)
And since you’ve asked: yes, indeed, our mountains look just like that.
Those of you who are cooking (poor dears!) may need a little inspiration, so here’s a roundup of my impressive Thanksgiving-themed blogging from the previous three years. Enjoy!
- November 26, 2010: Thanksgiving throwdown: smoke vs. grill
- November 24, 2010: Tribalism, Violence, and Fasting and Feasting in Early New England
- November 23, 2009: Thanksgiving blogging redux: How Not to Cook a Wolf
- November 27, 2008: Thanksgiving blogging, part III: recipe open thread
- November 25, 2008: Thanksgiving blogging, part II: ‘beat all smartly together‘
- November 24, 2008: Thanksgiving blogging, part I: ‘this depends intirely on the goodness of your fire‘
- October 17, 2008: Autumn receipts: An umble pie, and some humble thoughts on food and technology