Well, friends–it’s time for me to head on up to the mountains again. Summer here is short–so we’ve got to get a move on, and it’s a good weekend to get the heck out of Dodge. It’s our annual wilderness camping trek, so tonight I’ll be sleeping at 11,000 feet! That’s right–unlike the campers shown here, we’re carrying everything in and out on our backs. Phew! Apparently, there’s good fishing where we’re going. Now, I don’t fish–so I’m wondering just how heavy a few books are going to feel after hiking a few miles in with my frame pack.
In the meantime, I think the last time I updated my blogroll was in about. . . well, never. Here are some fun and fab blogs I’ve been meaning to add to my list–please put your suggestions (or your blogs) in the comments below, and we’ll see if I can get around to this little bit of housekeeping this summer when I get back! Click around and stay awhile.
- Jacobpedia, written by some archivist dude in ol’ Kaintuck.
- More or Less Bunk, written by my colleague south on I-25, Jonathan Rees
- Retro Recipe Attempts, written by our old friends formerly of The Good Old Days. (Love the makeover, Erica!)
- Fannie’s Room, by an attorney for the Radical Homosexualist Agenda
- Tanya L. Roth, an eponymous blog by a graduate student in History
- We Are Respectable Negroes, by some respectable negroes (although I myself have my doubts about that)
- The Rebel Letter, a medievalist and new parent of twins
- An Open Letter by a Feminist, by my faithful UK commenter Feminist Avatar